After each clue you can read up about some facts and stories of the area you have just visited. Or just skip straight to the next clue below this:
Did you know Zanzibar is not just one island?
It is a common misconception that Zanzibar is just one island. In fact, it is an archipelago of islands located in the Indian Ocean. There are several smaller islands and two larger ones; these are Unguja (colloquially known as Zanzibar), and Pemba Island. Further south is Mafia Island, which is part of Tanzania’s Mafia Archipelago. The total population of Zanzibar is around 1.3 million people.
- From the question mark move in the direction of the correct answer to the previous step.
- Keep going in this direction and stop at the first different island you reach. Tip - this island may be small or it may be large.
- What is the name of this island?
xxxx checker - Mnemba island.
- With your screen positioned above this island click into street view mode.
- This will bring up a series of blue lines and circles in and around the island.
- Click on the blue circle shown in the picture below:
- This will bring you into a aerial photo looking down over the island. If you are not in this photo exit and repeat the previous steps until you are.
- On the border of Tanzania there are 3 very large lakes. Follow the instructions below to identify 1 of these lakes.
- Below are 3 different spots from this photo. Imagine a line between this to form a triangle. Tip - zoom in on any suspect locations to check them.
- Spot the point of this triangle with the smallest angle and the direction it is pointing.
- Exit this photo, zoom out and identify which if of the 3 lakes on the border of the country this triangle is pointing at.
- Tip - try not to use the compass as it can be unreliable, best to take a good look at the small island, its position to the larger island and use these as references for the correct direction.
What is the name of this lake?
XXXX - lake victoria - use this as password for next page.
- Exit the photo and position your screen above Munich.
- Find the north west suburb town beginning with D.
For this step follow the instructions to find the 3 numbers A, B C:
How many rectangles like this are there within the landmarks area? These are the bases to the old buildings to house the camps inmates.
Use A, B & C to work out the sums below for X Y & Z.
X = The numbers B, D & C together read as one number (e.g. 134).
D = (A ÷ B - C)
Stuck? Try re-reading the question carefully picking up the key points.
Give up? Get the answers below for a 20 minute time penalty (if you are playing for leisure ignore this and to see the answers put in an email address).
© GG Events Ltd 2020